Systems Administrator back to job listings
Operations/IT | Long Beach, CA, USA
Are you a technical whiz with a passion for client service? Does playing with the latest and greatest technology on the market make your heart sing? Do you dream about using your technical skills to solve business problems for a successful, growing company?
As an IT systems administrator, you’ll need to ensure that technology is always an aid, never an obstacle. You will administer servers and desktops to support existing infrastructure. You’ll work with other internal IT business units in the design and implementation of upgrades, infrastructure development, performance analysis and management/automation of recurring tasks. In addition, you’ll work on the internal helpdesk team to provide assistance with application desktop support when needed.
For you, no two days will ever be the same!
- Administer Windows-based servers and Cisco networks with VLANs
- Administer VMWare Infrastructure ESXi Clusters
- Administer SANs
- Assist with corporate Windows desktop support
- Work individually or with other team members to troubleshoot complex support issues, identify root causes and develop mitigation options
- Automate recurring system administration tasks
- Work with systems engineers and users on problem log research, root cause analysis, recommending steps for resolution and implementing solutions
- Write comprehensive documentation
- Analyze trend error data across the infrastructure: complete capacity management, performance assessment functions on platform components (hardware, database, stored procedures, SQL, etc)
- Collaborate with internal IT development teams to facilitate infrastructure improvement strategies
To be successful in this demanding, fast-paced environment, you will need exceptional technical expertise and problem-solving skills, along with a user-centered attitude.
Required Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical degree (Engineering, Math, Physics, etc.)
- Administrative expertise with some (if not all) of the following Windows products: Windows XP/Vista 32/64, Windows 2003/2008 Server 32/64, SQL Server 2005/2008 32/64, Exchange Server 2010, and Backup Exec
- Experience with Dell server/desktop hardware
- Some level of expertise with TCP/IP-based networks and the following products: Cisco 4500 and 6500 series switches (IOS), Cisco PIX/ASA firewalls, and Internet filtering devices (Websense, Barracuda, Packeteer)
- Helpdesk experience
- A world-class problem solver who can provide creative solutions to complex situations
- Strong customer service skills matched with interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An organized individual who is very detail oriented and can manage and prioritize multiple tasks in accordance with high level objectives/projects
- Strong process orientation with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability with critical thinking techniques
- An independent worker who can take the initiative to define and prioritize specific goals and objectives
- A team player who works hard, admits his/her strengths and weaknesses, and has the flexibility to improve by learning new things.
- Ambitious and self-motivated – the sky is the limit for you!
- You know what you want and you know how to get it
- Ability to take direction and function calmly under pressure
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.