Technical Marketing Engineer back to job listings
Marketing | Long Beach, California
The mission of the Laserfiche product strategy team is to ensure the products we develop meet customer needs.
As a part of the product strategy team, the Technical Marketing Engineer works closely with teams across the company to research market opportunities and challenges, gather and prioritize product and customer requirements, develop strategic product plans and drive appropriate development, sales and marketing activities.
A Technical Marketing Engineer should be technically competent and have superior communication skills, including the ability to foster meaningful relationships with executive, technical and business teams. The right individual will have the ability to analyze large amounts of information and, from this, develop compelling, elegant software products.
- Identify market and customer use cases, including conducting competitive analysis and product benchmarking to develop a deep understanding of industry product requirements, as well as collaborating with executive and senior management to define product requirements and target customer segments.
- Reflect and represent the market’s needs to Engineering, including consulting with Development teams to outline technical requirements and new feature sets.
- Monitor and develop pricing strategies, determine product packaging and develop and lead partner relationships.
- Develop and execute company-wide go-to market plans.
- Conduct site visits, interviews and win-loss analysis calls with prospective and existing customers.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to position product releases, develop position papers and white papers, and build product demonstrations and sales tools.
What You'll Need:
- Four-year degree (BA, BS) in computer science, computer information systems, business administration or an engineering-related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in technology product management or engineering preferred, with an emphasis on cloud/SaaS strongly desired. Applicants with government, financial services and higher education experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated success in project management for product release readiness, including an understanding of the agile development process and the ability to gather and translate market feedback into successful product initiatives.
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to independently analyze information and solve problems.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.