e-Learning Instructional Designer back to job listings
Marketing | Long Beach, California
As a part of the Corporate Training department in the Marketing organization, the eLearning Instructional Designer works closely with organizations across the company to drive the success of our online educational program by building new programs of study and updating existing curriculum.
The Instructional Designer should be an exceptional communicator and be able to work with subject matter experts to creatively transform technical concepts into educational materials. The right individual will have the ability to create engaging, educational courses on configuring, deploying and using Laserfiche Enterprise Content Management software.
- Partner with subject matter experts and stakeholders to gather requirements and define learning objectives.
- Design eLearning courses, which includes developing case studies, writing scripts and using sound instructional design methodology in course development.
- Develop highly interactive, technical eLearning courses and supporting materials using existing templates.
- Develop knowledge assessments and simulation-style assessments based on learning objectives.
- Coordinate and manage content review cycles for initial content creation as well as periodic reviews.
- Manage project timeline and resources to ensure deliverables are completed in scope and on schedule.
- Assist with the administration of the Learning Management System.
- Assist in other corporate training initiatives as needed.
What You'll Need:
- Four-year degree (BA, BS) in education, instructional technology, computer science, business administration or an engineering-related field.
- 3+ years of experience in instructional design and development, including a strong background in elearning.
- Expertise with eLearning software (Adobe Captivate preferred).
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically for sound and image editing.
- Superior ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences (both oral and written).
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to acquire Laserfiche software knowledge to develop courses.
Please be prepared to submit a portfolio of work samples.
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.