Technical Consultant/Solutions Engineer back to job listings
Engineering | Toronto, Ontario
As a technical consultant/solutions engineer at Laserfiche’s Canada office, you will work directly with customers to design, implement, deploy and support solutions for their enterprise content management and business process management needs.
With a fast-growing global community and an emphasis on innovation, Laserfiche offers employees the creative atmosphere of a new company and the stability of a well-established reputation in the ECM market. From your first day at work, you will join a team building on the success of serving more than 34,000 organizations worldwide ready to listen to your ideas and support your dreams.
- Acquire detailed knowledge of the Laserfiche product line and third-party integrations.
- Perform analysis and documentation of business needs and requirements.
- Answer presales and technical questions via email, conference calls and web conferencing.
- Design, present and implement targeted solutions based on explicitly and implicitly stated requirements.
- Provide implementation support (including troubleshooting, maintenance and training)
- Develop and implement frequent technical training sessions.
- Write documents detailing custom solutions provided to prospective clients
- Framing the scope of the Professional Services Group's engagement with the client
- Provide technical consulting to the International Laserfiche sales force as well as prospective clients
- Some travel (10-15% of the time) is required
Each project presents unique and exciting business and technological challenges, and the lessons you’ll learn while executing your projects will help guide the future development of the Laserfiche product line. To succeed, you’ll need to challenge conventional thinking, offer unique perspectives and conceive innovative solutions for our clients. If you’re ready for the challenge, we’d like to talk to you!
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree. Computer science, physical sciences, engineering, math or related technical field preferred. We welcome applications from new graduates!
- Exceptional presentation, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs and when submitting reports.
- Self-starter mentality and team-player attitude.
- Familiarity with Windows client/server operating systems, SQL Server/Oracle databases, Web protocols (e.g., HTTP, ASP, XML, etc.)
- Knowledge of Visual Basic or object-oriented programming, C++ and C#, and familiarity with TCP/IP-based networking.
- Bilingual in Spanish/French a plus.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.