Software Engineer/Infrastructure back to job listings
Engineering | Long Beach, California
Are you a problem solver who searches relentlessly for the most elegant way to satisfy business needs? Does the idea of continuously improving existing systems make your heart beat in anticipation? Are you a team player who is comfortable working with stakeholders from across the company?
As a Laserfiche infrastructure engineer, you’ll be part of the team that improves the company’s core infrastructure. You will improve upon existing (mostly web-driven) system interfaces, and create new systems based on business needs.
- Support the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and administration of infrastructure technologies
- Work in collaboration with other departments to develop and analyze systems in support of their projects, then upgrade or enhance the infrastructure to meet these requirements
- Contribute to the proactive identification of automation opportunities in workflow, electronic information availability and new systems management tools
- Provide timely and consistent communication on overall systems status and operational issues
- Suggest new standards and policies to add value to infrastructure
- Manage communication and coordination during infrastructure outage situations. Guide engineers from different groups to work together to resolve outages and restore business functionality as quickly as possible
- Satisfy requests for new applications/functionality and resolve deficiencies in existing systems by performing technical research, presenting a corrective plan of attack, interfacing with vendors for additional analysis and executing a system recovery in the case of failure
The ideal candidate is a strong programmer who is not afraid to make changes! The position requires a developer who has strong problem-solving skills to plan and execute changes to enterprise-wide systems, along with excellent communication skills to coordinate such deployments.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Solid understanding of relational design and SQL
- Self-management skills including organization and time management
- Ability to prioritize rapidly shifting priorities and workloads
- Practical experience with process documentation tools and methods
- Prior experience with technology implementation and management methodologies
- Good verbal, written, interpersonal communication and customer service skills
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.