Engineering | Long Beach & Remote States, United States
Software Engineers in Test are an integral member of a technical delivery team. They create new test frameworks, maintain existing frameworks, and teach other to write tests based on those frameworks. They also be debug software at both the test framework level as well as the product code level.
SET III's work with a group of engineers, designers, product owners, tech support engineers, and others with a variety of skill sets. As a full member of that team, they present work and findings in both informal and formal settings. They review the work of others on your team.
Eligible States for Remote Work: Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia and Wisconsin
What You'll Do:
- Advocate for Quality:
- Anticipate problems with planned implementations
- Work as a full partner with the development team to design and build the necessary hooks and debug tools for an automation framework(s) that you will use
- Question everything: Testing begins before the first line of code is written. Ask yourself, "Does the story solve the problem?" "Is there a better way to solve the problem?"
- Automation Engineer:
- Help create new automation frameworks to test Laserfiche applications
- Work with the other engineers on your team to develop unit tests for the product code
- Define useful metrics and targets that will help the team improve the user experience
- Educate other engineers in the use of the framework so that it can be used in the creation of tests during rather than after the new feature development
- Go beyond simple requirements verification and thoroughly test the product holistically
- Anticipate possible ramifications that changes being made might have elsewhere in the system
- Thoroughly explore the features to be tested, looking for weaknesses in logic or implementation
- Build Better Teams and Products
- Put people first, keeping our customers in mind when discussing features
- Provide support to the Technical Support team
- Identify alternative techniques and practices
- Teach other members of your team the best practices for writing defects, adding to the automation test suite, and communication skills
What We're Looking For:
- 3-5 years of writing automated tests for web applications
- Understanding that testing is a process, not a task. It is a creative process that is exploratory and experimental in nature. It, at times, involves extreme technical ability while at other times requires flexibility of thought and deep imagination
- Extensive experience with testing frameworks and tools such as
- Selenium/WebDriver (UI Automation)
- Cypress (UI Automation)
- Appium (Mobile Automation)
- Postman (REST API Testing)
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and execute testing strategies
- Experience with at least one of the following: web-based technologies including Front End (UI), Backend (Web Servers & Databases), REST APIs, and microservices
- Experience with some form of performance or load testing tools
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
What We Offer:
- Remote work opportunities + hybrid work arrangement
- Temporary or permanent workplace relocation in states we have a business presence
- Paid volunteer days to give back to the community
- 15 days of paid time off (to start) + 3 additional 'me' days
- 9 days of paid public holidays
- Generous 401 (k) employer match contribution
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Mentorship program participation to inspire the rising leaders of Laserfiche
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG) and opportunities to contribute to our DEI initiatives
- Employee Referral Program
Laserfiche is the leading SaaS provider of intelligent content management and business process automation. Customers in 5+ industries use Laserfiche cloud-first development approach to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
Laserfiche employees in offices around the world are committed to the company’s vision of empowering customers and inspiring people to reimagine how technology can transform lives.
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Successful applicants must comply with company COVID-19 policies, which are subject to change in response to public health, regulatory and business circumstances. Note Laserfiche is a federal contractor.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.