Engineering | Long Beach, California
Are you curious? Do you enjoy picking things apart to see how they work? Are you an advocate for quality who loves to create automation that frees up time to find the really juicy bugs?
If you are an ambitious learner who enjoys solving problems in creative ways, then Laserfiche is the place to get your career kick-started. We are growing quickly and are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
We have immediate openings for Software Engineers in Test. If you are just starting out in your career, we provide ample opportunities for growth and mentorship as you hone your skills technically, creatively, and professionally. If you are an established engineer looking for that next challenge, Laserfiche’s diverse technical landscape will provide you with the chance to add that next bit of technology to your arsenal.
Laserfiche is the leading global provider of intelligent content management and business process automation. The Laserfiche® platform enables organizations in more than 80 countries to transform into digital businesses. Customers in every industry—including government, education, financial services and manufacturing—use Laserfiche® to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
- Anticipate problems with planned implementations
- Working as a full partner with the development team to design and build the necessary hooks and debug tools for automation framework(s) that you will use to help drive quality
- Questioning everything: Testing begins before the first line of code is written. Does the story solve the problem? Is there a better way to solve the problem
- Engineer and maintain a framework that will allow for a suite of tests to be used in functionality testing
- Educate other engineers in the use of the framework so that it can be used in the creation of tests during rather than after the new feature development
- Create other tools that can be used in the testing effort by yourself and others in the company
- Go beyond simple requirements verification and thoroughly test the product holistically
- Anticipate possible ramifications that changes being made might have elsewhere in the system
- Thoroughly explore the features you are testing, looking for weaknesses in logic and/or implementation
What You'll Need:
- Understanding that testing is a process, not a task. It is a creative process that is exploratory and experimental in nature. It, at times, involves extreme technical ability while at other times requires flexibility of thought and deep imagination
- Experience with testing frameworks and tools such as
- Selenium/WebDriver (UI Automation Testing)
- Appium (Mobile Automation Testing)
- Postman (REST API Testing)
- Cucumber/SpecFlow (BDD Testing)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and execute testing strategies
- As a Jr candidate experience with any of the following are a huge plus
- Experience with build and release pipelines
- Experience with defect and work item tracking systems like Team Foundation Server (TFS), JIRA, and similar.
- Experience with testing in a cloud/distributed architecture
- Participate as a full team member in all planning and estimation practices
- Promote professionally responsibility on your team encouraging and promoting a quality-first attitude
- Clearly and promptly communicate any defects, issues, or concerns with software before, during, and after the development process
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.