Engineering | Long Beach, California
Laserfiche is looking for a QA Manager whose mission is to improve QA processes across many product teams. You will spearhead process changes, automation tools, testing practice improvements and cultural change to ensure that each release is top quality. You will help the team build comprehensive test suites to validate the many solutions in a scalable and repeatable manner.
You must be passionately curious, as well as passionate about technology, quality, customer satisfaction, process improvement, and people development while remaining up-to-date with modern technologies. This role requires a self-motivated professional with hands-on functional QA testing experience as well as proven management experience.
As the QA Manager, you will lead a team of and dynamic and diverse automation engineers, testers and QA leads who will help identify use cases and create test plans, define test strategies and create test cases to validate software design via manual and automated tests. You will coach mentor and grow the QA engineers and leads.
- Identify and review test plans, test cases and testing results
- Define processes and engagement models that address unique needs of End-End testing and QA processes
- Set priorities for the team and assign resources
- Provide regular status against team’s test plans
- Contribute to process improvement while establishing best practices for testing
- Develop test strategies and create appropriate test harnesses
- Participate in operational excellence activities for the entire organization
- Define and present metrics that help illuminate our quality and quality goals
- Mentor team members and assist with their career growth and personal development
- Bridge the communication gap between our partner teams
- Flexibility to work with remote teams across different time zones
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in CS or related field
- 7+ years of experience in software quality assurance, 2+ years in a QA manager/lead role
- Strong QA background with experience in identifying and implementing test plans and experience reviewing test plans, test cases and testing results
- Experience with performance testing, stress testing and scalability testing
- Strong people management skills with proved track record in hiring, developing and retaining high performing QA team consisting of QAE and SDTE’s
- Outstanding project management skills, preferably within agile development environment
- Experience with agile development methodologies and the software development life cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building cross-functional relationships
- Customer and quality focused
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.