Engineering | Long Beach, California
Do you enjoy creating tools and frameworks that allow everyone to be instrumental on the path to quality?
If you are a leader who never stops pushing yourself and your team toward higher standards of quality, then Laserfiche is the place for you to advance your career. We are growing quickly and are looking for experienced engineers to fill senior-level positions. We are seeking out people who can take the lead and drive our teams to continuous improvement
We have immediate openings for both lead and senior Software Engineers in Test. If you are an established engineer looking for that next challenge, Laserfiche’s diverse technical landscape will provide you with the chance to add that next bit of technology to your arsenal. If you have led or managed teams in your career, we have plenty of eager minds looking to learn from the best. Do you want
Software Engineers in Test are an integral part of Laserfiche’s delivery team approach of grouping strong developers, product managers, and testers into a close-knit functional team.
Laserfiche is a global software company focused on using technology to accelerate how business gets done, by creating software that people love to use. The Laserfiche software platform eliminates manual processes and automates repetitive tasks. We provide our customers with AI-powered digital workflows, e-forms, document management and analytics, to gain insight into performance, improve customer experience and grow their business.
- Anticipate problems with planned implementations
- Work as a full partner with the development team to design and build the necessary hooks and debug tools for automation framework(s) that you will use to help drive quality
- Question everything: Testing begins before the first line of code is written. Work hand in hand with product owners and stakeholders as new features come to fruition, ensuring that our customers see only the absolute highest quality solutions for their needs
- Engineer and maintain a framework that will allow for a suite of tests to be used in functionality testing
- Educate other engineers in the use of the framework so that it can be used in the creation of tests during rather than after the new feature development
- Lead your team by example by following the same development best practices (TDD, Refactoring, self-documenting code, etc.) that is expected of the feature developers
- Go beyond simple requirements verification and thoroughly test the product holistically
- Anticipate possible ramifications that changes being made might have elsewhere in the system
- Thoroughly explore the features you are testing, looking for weaknesses in logic and/or implementation
What You'll Need:
- Understanding that testing is a process, not a task. It is a creative process that is exploratory and experimental in nature. It, at times, involves extreme technical ability while at other times requires flexibility of thought and deep imagination
- Experience with testing frameworks and tools such as
- Selenium/WebDriver (UI Automation Testing)
- Appium (Mobile Automation Testing)
- Postman (REST API Testing)
- Cucumber/SpecFlow (BDD Testing)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and execute testing strategies
- Strong understanding of web-based technologies including Front End (UI), Backend (Web Servers & Databases), REST APIs, and microservices
- Adept and experienced with testing in a cloud/distributed architecture
- Experience with defect and work item tracking systems like Team Foundation Server (TFS), JIRA, and similar.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor any and all of your team members, from more junior testers, to experienced developers, and even your own managers
- Bonus points for:
- Proficient with build and release pipelines
- Champion of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery best practices
- Experience with performance, load, capacity and chaos testing
- Experience with security testing and threat modelling
- Participate as a full team member in all planning and estimation practices
- Promote professional responsibility on your team by demonstrating, encouraging, and promoting a quality-first attitude
- Clearly and promptly communicate any defects, issues, or concerns with software before, during, and after the development process
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.