Release Engineer back to job listings
Engineering | Long Beach, California
The Release Manager owns the release lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and managing releases across multiple teams in an agile and international environment. These releases include both cloud and on-premises offerings and range from individual patches to coordinated major releases across all product teams. The role includes build management, localization, inter-team communication and coordination, and package deployment. You’ll provides tools and services to help product teams manage and deploy releases into production.
- Manage and coordinate release-related activities across engineering teams and component owners
- Manage the release schedule for our product and services
- Define, coordinate, refine, and enforce the release process and related tasks
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on issues related to release details to ensure a smooth release
- Create, leverage, and maintain automation frameworks to improve processes, testing, and delivery of features
- Track issues related to releases, including bug tracking and report generation
- Leverage in-house and third-party tools for deployment
- Coordinate, facilitate and communicate with other teams regarding testing and release process improvements
- Oversee and maintain translation processes for localization
- Communicate key project plans, timeframes, and changes, including release details and requirements, to management and affected parties
- Track release cycle activity (progress, dates, deliverables), and provide reports as necessary
What You'll Need:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in management of software product development, releases, and delivery
- Understanding of web and Windows application architecture
- In-depth knowledge of build, deploy, test, and release engineering processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Subversion, Git, and Windows Installer (WiX) a plus
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.