Engineering | Long Beach, California
Laserfiche is a world leader in software for content management, business process automation, and productivity-boosting data analytics. With users spanning more than 80 countries, in nearly every industry—including government, education, financial services and healthcare—Laserfiche solutions make organizations smarter, more collaborative, more efficient and more effective. At Laserfiche, we don’t just build software, we transform the enterprise.
Delivering on that promise of flexible, easy-to-use, enterprise-scale, secure content management and business process automation software comes with a plethora of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
A Technical Product Manager must have superior communication skills to translate between the direction the executives want to go, what the product development team should implement, and how marketing and sales teams should sell it. As the chief advocate for a specific feature set and its benefits, you will be the Product Owner, helping prioritize product features and customer requirements, defining release plans, and managing the project schedule to ensure that the team delivers on time and on target.
Working alongside our agile development teams, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer needs versus technical constraints. You are able to take long-term product goals, break them down into manageable pieces, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner.
About the Process Automation Area
As part of the Process Automation team, you will be working on a platform which enables organizations to automate their business processes and transform their organization. This creates a set of extremely challenging problems which developers have to solve.
- How does Laserfiche make it easy for knowledge workers to define and automate their business processes?
- How do customer designed processes communicate and store persistent data in a way that is easy to use and can change over time with their organizational needs?
- How do we enable customers to turn their data into actionable business intelligence?
The Process Automation area is comprised of multiple cross-functional agile teams, each working on high-impact projects and solving complex challenges that will help us deliver real value to our end users.
You will be asked to lead efforts in product features within the Process Automation area, which can range from Case Management to Business rules, from Data Management to Workflow and Business Process automation, and more!
Product Design, Implementation and Project Management
- Manage product backlogs including: creating epic/feature/story definitions, determining priority for work items, mapping out sprints and releases, and triaging features and bugs
- Participate in design reviews, release planning, and sprint planning to provide clarifications necessary to assist the team with estimates, sequencing and objectives.
- Maintain the integrity of the entire product and its feature sets by reviewing and accepting/rejecting new features and user stories
- Work with UX to flesh out detail designs and with engineering leads to set prioritization
- Create design documents and feature specifications scoping out and defining new modules or features
Product Representation and Direction
- Act as product representative in demos, presentations, and classes
- Collaborate with sales and marketing on positioning, licensing and packaging of new product features
- Collaborate with teams both in and out of development (senior management, engineers, marketing, sales, customers, solution providers) to clarify requirements and benefits for new products and features
- Conduct market analysis and competitive landscapes to identify additional features and market opportunities
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical fields
- 3+ years’ experience with an agile software development team as a program, project or product manager
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience and working with stakeholders across many functions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and product feature specifications
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.