Development / Engineering | Remote States, United States
Laserfiche is currently seeking a VP of Engineering to help us expand and lead our Engineering team. A great candidate for this role is a strong people manager who is passionate about designing and scaling a successful engineering organization that meets the changing needs of customers and our business. The person in this role will be an integral part of the senior leadership team, partnering with others on that team to translate our company vision and strategy into engineering strategies that enable us to achieve our purpose at scale.
What You'll Do:
- Provide Strategic Leadership: You will work closely with our senior leadership team to translate our company vision and strategy into a strategy and vision for the Engineering function. You will track and manage key KPIs to objectively assess engineering’s progress against our roadmap, pivoting as needed, and sharing learnings along the way. To do this you will build a deep understanding of our product, customer experience and the drivers of revenue and customer growth.
- Operational Leadership - Lead and grow our Engineering organization: You will expand, uplevel, and manage engineers, including those embedded on other teams, ensuring we have the key roles needed to execute our roadmap. You will foster a culture aligned to our values within Engineering and across the organization.
- Establish a Structure and lead teams, individuals, and cross-functional relationships in a way that ensures productivity and transparent communication.
- Grow the engineering organization - You will help us recruit and retain top talent to help us scale our teams. You will do all this by being a thought leader who is able to earn respect and trust and help grow even our most senior engineers.
- Establish a culture of innovation using various approaches and principles like Build-Measure-Learn.
- Lead the adoption of agile methodologies and best practices within the engineering organization.
- Partner with Product leadership to implement continuous improvement, deployment and testing as part of the product delivery lifecycle.
- Work with cross-functional leaders in product, design, security, etc. to set aggressive but achievable timelines and targets for Engineering deliverables while not sacrificing quality.
- Provide the technical and people leadership needed to establish a world-class engineering organization across multiple locations, divisions, and programs. Build for scale, while maintaining nimble and agile culture. Structure, mentor and organize a global team of engineers to align with the strategic objectives of the company and execute the product roadmap efficiently.
- Collaborate effectively with other key stakeholders to ensure consistent communication and outputs across the company in alignment with the overall vision and strategy. Manage the identification, selection, design, and execution of major projects through the engineering group. Ensure that high standards of engineering process discipline, and materials management are maintained across sites. Ensure that engineering standards are consistently and uniformly applied and that appropriate engineering controls are in place and functioning.
What We're Looking For:
- 12+ years of Engineering leadership experience in B2B technology companies, particularly SaaS and Cloud
- Working knowledge of 5+ years hands on experience architecting/developing mobile product lines within highly complex technical infrastructures.
- A passion for people management. You love empowering and developing team members. You have a strong track record of creating team cohesion to enable the team to achieve great things. And you have managed both fully remote and hybrid team(s).
- A strong track record of collaborating effectively with other senior leaders across a company.
- You understand that growing and engaging your team is one of the highest ROI activities you can do as a leader, and you found innovative ways to consistently do this.
- Experience aligning software engineering within a product-driven environment. You know how to set up and manage cross-functional engineering teams.
- Strong attention to detail with prior experience developing KPIs and metrics. Experience with OKRs is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with both highly technical and non-technical teams
What We Offer:
- Remote work opportunities + hybrid work arrangement
- Temporary or permanent workplace relocation in states we have a business presence
- Paid volunteer days to give back to the community
- 15 days of paid time off (to start) + 4-day year-end closure + 3 additional 'me' days
- 9 days of paid public holidays
- Generous 401 (k) employer match contribution
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Mentorship program participation to inspire the rising leaders of Laserfiche
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG) and opportunities to contribute to our DEI initiatives
- Employee Referral Program to gain extra cash
Laserfiche is the leading SaaS provider of intelligent content management and business process automation. Customers in 5+ industries use Laserfiche cloud-first development approach to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
Laserfiche employees in offices around the world are committed to the company’s vision of empowering customers and inspiring people to reimagine how technology can transform lives.
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.