Cloud Operations | Long Beach, California
Laserfiche is looking for an experienced Senior Cloud Operations Engineer to take responsibility for building and leading a team of engineers to deliver a best of breed cloud infrastructure for our fast-growing SaaS solution. You will be the mentor and coach for the cloud operations team and lead them in operational and technical excellence.
As the manager of our 24/7 Cloud Operations team, you will oversee the maintenance of our cloud system, the handling of incidents, and serve as the driving force for improvements to system reliability, availability, scalability, and security for our SaaS cloud service running on AWS. You will be the operations team’s point of contact with all software development teams that contribute to the product and platform. You will be a key representative for reporting out system health trends, incidents and planned reliability improvements.
The Cloud Operations Manager brings technical expertise in cloud operations to bear in the development of our cloud service deployment processes, improving the reliability of our cloud solution, and delighting our customers.
- Oversee and continuously monitor the regular execution of maintenance tasks in pursuit of service level objectives
- Verify diagnostics, and file issues, as appropriate, while performing routine system performance, integrity, and availability monitoring
- Lead the identification, troubleshooting, mitigation, and documentation of any incidents which may arise during service operation
- Facilitate timely and relevant communication of incidents to affected stakeholders
- Engage in
post-incidentanalysis to examine incident response performance, identify areas for service improvement, and track improvements to resolution
- Assist with routine risk assessments and help develop mitigation plans for service risks
- Evaluate and recommend new tools, technologies, and best practices for cloud hosting, and deployment strategies
- Form effective partnerships with the internal application, site reliability, and release management teams
- Collaborate with engineering teams to refine in-application diagnostics and to aggregate data streams across services
- Lead the hiring of talented individuals that will make up the operations team
- Define resource plans, recruit and conduct interviews, onboard and train employees, define performance objectives for the team and conduct performance reviews
- Mentor and coach the operations team in operational and technical excellence
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics or a related field
- 5+ years of experience managing and optimizing public cloud environments in AWS or another major cloud provider
- Experience with CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment) workflows
- Proficient in scripting/programming, such as PowerShell, Bash, Python, or Ruby.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to lead and motivate people
- Strong people management skills with a proven track in developing and retaining high performing teams consisting of operations staff
- Project management skills, preferably within an agile development environment
- Experience with agile development methodologies and the software development life cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building cross-functional relationships
- A focus on the customer experience and product quality
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.