Technical Support | Arlington, Virginia
Laserfiche is looking for Senior Software Support Engineers who love working on challenging, critical, high profile software support related issues across a variety of technologies and platforms. As a growing organization with tens of thousands of customers ranging from SMB to large enterprises with over 100,000 users, we are looking for experienced support engineers that understand end-to-end problem solving while maintaining a strong focus on customer service.
As part of our Technical Support team, you will be working directly with our users and resellers, responding to the reported issues they have when using Laserfiche software. You will participate in problem diagnosis (second or third level) as well as work towards the timely resolution of those issues. You will participate in the post-incident analysis in a culture of continuous improvement to prevent reoccurrence and improve future responses.
Senior Software Support Engineers work collaboratively with our Software Development teams when dictated by the needs of cases. In addition, you will mentor less experienced Support Engineers, teaching and advise them on various technologies, troubleshooting skills, and best practices.
If you’re up for the challenge, we want to talk to you!
- Diagnosing and resolving (or escalating as needed) issues that arise through the usage of our software in customers' production, test, and development environments
- Troubleshooting issues involving the following:
- Identity management (SAML, SSO, Shibboleth, Azure AD)
- Network configuration and performance (Firewall/DMZ, SSL)
- SQL configuration and performance (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Web technologies (Microsoft IIS, HTML, CSS, JS)
- High availability
- Scalability, load impact, and load simulation
- Cloud IaaS (AWS, Azure)
- Windows configuration
- Core Laserfiche application technologies
- Guiding remote first level support engineers through troubleshooting via chat, case posts, conference calls, video exchange, remote sessions, and reproducing issues locally as dictated by the needs of the case
- Collaborating with engineering teams to refine in-application diagnostics and explain recurring feedback
- Managing case-wellness by keeping key stakeholders up-to-date on the status of the case through effective communication
- Understanding and making allowance for the customer impact of troubleshooting and mitigation steps in demanding enterprise 24/7/365 environments
- Focusing on a great support experience by helping the customer understand the nature of the issue, how the issue will be resolved, and expectations moving forward to prevent a reoccurrence of the issue
- Providing mentorship and training to other support personnel
- Presenting troubleshooting techniques to resellers and customers at conferences and webinars
What You'll Need:
- 4-year degree in a STEM field
- 5+ years of experience in software/technical support
- Experience in systems troubleshooting, including database systems, TCP/IP-based networking, web applications, and Windows system administration
- Experience deploying and maintaining high availability, scalable 24/7/365 enterprise systems with Dev, Test, Staging, and Production environments
- Preferably, familiarity with SQL programming
- Preferably, familiarity with DevOps and continuous deployment
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environments
- Professional, effective communicator both in person and in writing while maintaining a collaborative attitude
- Skilled at building cross-functional relationships
- Motivated and customer- and quality-focused
- Available to work Saturdays and holidays on a rotating schedule
- Available nights, weekends, and holidays in a rotating on-call capacity
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.