Cloud Operations | Long Beach, California
Laserfiche is looking for an experienced Cloud Operations Engineer to take responsibility for system-wide awareness, expedient issue resolution, and target improvements for our cloud operations workflows for our fast-growing SaaS system. You will be a key part of a cloud operations team serving a growing international
As a part of our 24/7 Cloud Operations team, you will maintain our cloud system, respond to incidents, and serve as a key resource driving improvements to system availability, scalability, reliability, and security for our SaaS cloud service running on AWS infrastructure. You will be a point of contact with all software development teams, and a key representative for reporting out system health trends, incidents, and planned reliability improvements.
Cloud Operations Engineers advocate enhancements and drive improvements to our continuous integration flow. From deployment to monitoring to maintenance, Cloud Operations Engineers are the key resource in ensuring that all Cloud systems are running at optimal levels. We are looking for driven individuals that can work on challenging problems and are excited at the prospect of meeting and overcoming new challenges.
- Investigate and respond to tickets regarding health and security of the system, assigning priority, and coordinating with application teams to ensure that company Service Level Agreements are met.
- Monitor and evaluate the health of the cloud system using tools such as Graphite and Sensu.
- Work with application and infrastructure teams to deploy updates to the system (e.g. TFS releases, Chef configuration management, Unleash feature toggle system, etc.)
- Communicate system changes – scheduled downtimes, system updates, etc. – both internally and externally.
- Work with Support staff to ensure customer issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Perform control activities mandated by policy
- Work with development to design, implement, and improve tools necessary to ensure a productive and healthy cloud system
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics or a related field
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing needs of the system
- Ability to comfortably administer both Windows and Linux virtual machines
- Preferred experience working with AWS services
- Familiarity scripting/programming in PowerShell, Bash, Python, and Ruby.
- Professional, effective communicator both in person and in writing while maintaining a collaborative attitude
- Minimum 2 years of experience in related field
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.