Senior Technical Product Manager back to job listings
Engineering | Long Beach, California
The Senior Technical Product Manager shepherds a product idea through ideation, design, development and finally to market delivery.
A Senior Technical Product Manager must have superior communication skills to translate between the direction the executives want to go, what the product development team should implement, and how marketing and sales teams should sell it. As the chief advocate for a specific feature set and its benefits you will help the product development team prioritize product features and customer requirements, define and scope release plans, and assist managing the project schedule. You will participate in user experience design and technical implementation definitions.
You will work amongst agile development teams where your abilities to elaborate users’ stories, manage sprint-level backlogs, define functional specifications, and interpret product vision will address the agile development teams’ need for real-time input and allow the team to balance short-term delivery goals with long term product strategy.
- Conduct market analysis and competitive landscapes to identify additional features and market opportunities
- Work with senior management to help develop features to support product direction
- Serve as an advocate for the user and customer, educating both internal and external stakeholders on market segment features and benefits, and market opportunities
Product Design, Implementation and Project Management
- Work with UX to flesh out detail designs and with engineering leads to help set prioritization
- Create design documents and feature specifications scoping out and defining new modules or features
- Collaborate with various teams in engineering to clarify requirements and benefits
- Participate in design reviews, release planning and regular sprint planning
- Manage a backlog of features, determining priority, effort and value, mapping out iterations/sprints and triaging features and bugs
- Act as product representative in analyst presentations
- Collaborate with marketing on positioning
- Speak and present both internally and externally, including assisting strategic sales on calls when appropriate
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field / MBA or Master’s is a bonus
- 5+ years’ experience with an agile software development team as a program or product manager, developer or tester
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience and working with stakeholders across many functions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and product feature specifications
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.