Engineering | Long Beach, California
Delivering on that promise of flexible, easy-to-use, enterprise-scale, secure content management and business process automation software comes with a plethora of exciting and technically complex challenges. That’s where you come in.
As an Agile Project Manager at Laserfiche, you’ll be working with the development teams that build the web and mobile app front-end components for our enterprise content management applications. An ideal candidate will have worked with teams building modern web and mobile applications before.
Agile Project Managers at Laserfiche help teams to execute at their fullest potential by helping teams stay focused on doing their highest value work, removing impediments and tracking key metrics. You’ll also be working closely with product owners to define and groom product backlogs.
Scrum is the cornerstone of how we organize our work and teams at Laserfiche. As an expert on Scrum and Agile methodologies, you’ll be training new employees on the basics of Scrum, and presenting more advanced training on Agile methods and project management to more senior employees at all levels of the Company. You are focused on continuously improving the ability of Laserfiche to execute on its mission of delivering software that transforms the enterprise.
- Work directly with distributed and cross-functional teams to define resources, schedules, and activities required to develop and launch new product features.
- Manage multi-team product releases to ensure that both timeline and scope goals are organized and met.
- Champion the agile mindset helping teams identify iterative ways to deliver both product value and team improvements.
- Foster trusting team dynamics including healthy, honest debate among team members.
- Help teams measure, understand and analyze their velocity, lead time and cycle times, making them visible and identifying bottlenecks to improve delivery.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement practices in the team and peer teams.
- Work with the Product Owner and Team to build backlog of user stories for the next release and to continually groom the backlog to have "ready stories" for next sprint.
- Facilitate effective planning sessions, helping teams identify highest value work to prioritize and deliver.
- Facilitate constructive stand-ups helping move the team towards their shared goals.
- Facilitate retrospectives which result in concrete changes team will make and hold teams accountable for trying their ideas.
- Protect the teams from over-committing and from their own complacency.
What You'll Need:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Project Manager, or Scrum Master leading Software Agile Teams.
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and the Agile Manifesto.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide credible leadership to development teams, and to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
- Experience working with multi-function project teams including developers, QAs, product owners.
- Ability to collaborate with product owners to develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
- Experience in leading and facilitating scrum ceremonies.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, and interpersonal.
Desirable Experience & Skill Sets:
- More than 5 years’ experience as a Scrum Master or Project Manager leading Software Agile Teams.
- Experience working directly with Team Foundation Server (TFS) or Agile DevOps Server.
- Experience working with Aha! for Product Management.
- PMI-ACP or Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM, etc).
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.