Sales | Long Beach, California
The Presales Engineer role is a broad one. First and foremost, presales engineers are the software experts; they know the Laserfiche product suite inside and out, from architecture to implementation. As such, they have a wide range of responsibilities with the opportunity to work with a wide range of people. They could be brought onto a sales call to answer technical questions, asked to give a webinar, brought to a user group to chat with customers, or consulted in designing solutions for a customer’s business needs. To meet these challenges, an ideal candidate is someone well-rounded and driven to find not just a solution but the best solution. Problem-solving skills are a must, as are communication skills. A presales engineer should be approachable and happy to lend a hand. There will be challenges in such a diverse role, but a presales engineer will never be bored and will always be learning.
- Speak with potential customers to learn about their business process needs
- Build a solution in Laserfiche to solve their business needs and help their processes run more efficiently
- Present the solution to the customer and answer any technical questions
- Communicate the solution such that people who are non-technical or unfamiliar with the software can fully comprehend it
Laserfiche Software Training:
- Break down technical details into information that’s useful and tailored to the training audience
- Help develop new training curriculum
- Teach at our annual Laserfiche Conference
- Conduct training both in person and via the web
- Work with our expansive network of Value-Added Resellers
- Provide technical consulting via email, conference calls, and presentations
- Write clear, concise answers to technical questions for the reseller network and RFPs
- Travel requirements are flexible but every presales engineer will be expected to travel within the domestic U.S. several times a year
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a STEM field
- Ability to learn and understand software, hardware, networking, and database concepts; experience with scripting or programming is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to provide both written and verbal explanation of complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences; experience in teaching or tutoring is a plus
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.