Engineering | Dublin, Ireland
Laserfiche is looking for an experienced Cloud Operations Engineer to take responsibility for system-wide awareness, expedient issue resolution, and target improvements for our cloud operations workflows for our fast-growing SaaS system. You will be a key part of a cloud operations team serving a growing international customer base.
As a part of our 24/7 Cloud Operations team, you will maintain our cloud system, respond to incidents, and serve as a key resource driving improvements to system availability, scalability, reliability, and security for our SaaS cloud service running on AWS infrastructure. You will be a point of contact with all software development teams, and a key representative for reporting out system health trends, incidents, and planned reliability improvements.
Cloud Operations Engineers advocate enhancements and drive improvements to our continuous integration flow. From deployment to monitoring to maintenance, Cloud Operations Engineers are the key resource in ensuring that all Cloud systems are running at optimal levels. We are looking for driven individuals that can work on challenging problems and are excited at the prospect of meeting and overcoming new challenges.
Laserfiche pioneered the paperless office with enterprise content management. Today, Laserfiche’s cloud-first development approach incorporates innovations in machine learning and AI to enable organizations in more than 80 countries to transform into digital businesses. Customers in every industry—including government, education, financial services, healthcare and manufacturing—use Laserfiche to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
Laserfiche employees in offices around the world are committed to the company’s vision of empowering customers and inspiring people to reimagine how technology can transform lives.
- Investigate and respond to tickets regarding health and security of the system, assigning priority, and coordinating with application teams to ensure that company Service Level Agreements are met.
- Develop and maintain build and release pipelines to deploy artifacts developed by multiple teams
- Design and author custom tools to troubleshoot and operate servers and other systems
- Monitor and evaluate the health of the cloud system using tools such as Graphite and Prometheus.
- Work with application and infrastructure teams to deploy updates to the system (e.g. TFS releases, Chef configuration management, Unleash feature toggle system, Kubernetes deployments etc.)
- Communicate system changes – scheduled downtimes, system updates, etc. – both internally and externally.
- Work with Support staff to ensure customer issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Perform control activities mandated by policy
- Work with development to design, implement, and improve tools necessary to ensure a productive and healthy cloud system
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics or a related field
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing needs of the system
- Ability to comfortably administer both Windows and Linux virtual machines
- Preferred experience working with AWS services
- Familiarity with scripting/programming in PowerShell, Bash, Python, and Ruby.
- Professional, effective communicator both in person and in writing while maintaining a collaborative attitude
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a related field