Engineering | Toronto, Ontario
Software Engineers build Laserfiche products and services using skill and judgement to create software implementations that meet targeted requirements. Code written by software engineers must be robust, testable, maintainable, readable, and efficient and include unit tests. Software Engineers work on a team with other engineers and members from a variety of roles. They also collaborate when needed with Technical Support engineers to support customers, present their work in informal and formal settings, and review the work of their peers.
The process automation service teams help Laserfiche customers moving up the digital transformation pyramid. Software is developed to reduce repeatable human tasks, and streamline business processes that involve both internal and external participants. Multiple products are developed in this area, including no code form design, business process modeling, workflow design, reporting/dashboards and various toolboxes that are critical to digitize customers’ processes. What stands out is highly interactive, intuitive user interface design that leverages the most innovative web technologies, providing customers an easy-to-understand environment for their daily routines.
Laserfiche is the leading SaaS provider of intelligent content management and business process automation. Through powerful workflows, electronic forms, document management and analytics, the Laserfiche® platform accelerates how business gets done, enabling leaders to focus on growth across the enterprise.
Laserfiche pioneered the paperless office with enterprise content management. Today, Laserfiche’s cloud-first development approach incorporates innovations in machine learning and AI to enable organizations in more than 80 countries to transform into digital businesses. Customers in every industry—including government, education, financial services, healthcare and manufacturing—use Laserfiche to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
Laserfiche employees in offices around the world are committed to the company’s vision of empowering customers and inspiring people to reimagine how technology can transform lives.
- Write and test code for existing and new programs
- Utilize software engineering standards, processes, and techniques
- Create, maintain, and support documentation of functionality and processes
- Record and document code changes using source control management
- Participate in peer-group reviews of designs, code, and documentation
- Communicate technical feasibility of design ideas
- Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects
- Present work-in-progress and released functionality in informal and formal presentations
- Collaborate with Technical Support engineers to solve issues that may be caused by a software defect
- Adhere to the Laserfiche software development standard
- Work independently to complete assignments with minimal supervision or guidance
- 2-5 years of experience
- BS, Masters or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong ability to collaborate with and support fellow engineers
- Strong ability to collaborate with and support test engineers, user experience designers, technical writers, project managers, product managers, and technical support engineers
- Skill with object-oriented programming (such as in C#, C++, Java)
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish objectives
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new software technologies
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche