Product Development | Long Beach, United States
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to help Laserfiche imagine the future. Working from our new Long Beach, CA headquarters, you will be the core of a new design group tasked with modernizing the user experience of Laserfiche Cloud. You will guide the product design group through customer research and human-centered design and work closely with Laserfiche product teams to deliver rich user experiences that delight our customers. We want you and your team to be a catalyst for the continued growth of innovation and the success of Laserfiche Cloud in the business process automation market.
We strive to offer our customers a flexible, easy-to-use, enterprise-scale, secure SaaS product. This comes with a plethora of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the product design group in establishing team structure, design standards, processes, and best practices
- Identify and experiment with new processes, techniques and tools, and incorporate them into the shared processes
- Help to define the core design principles to be leveraged across the product teams, and demonstrate good judgment and flexibility when applying those principles to product designs
- Represent product design in discussions with leadership and bring a design voice to product strategy conversations
- Communicate with product managers and engineers on a regular basis and create a collaborative design process designed to address both scope and technical challenges and negotiate thoughtful outcomes
- Play a key role in all aspects of the product development lifecycle including roadmap definition and scope, research, artifact creation, solicitation of feedback, iteration, prototyping, building in production, quality assurance, shipping and learning
- Think strategically about how to release features in small pieces and regularly looks for opportunities to validate their ideas with multivariate experimentation
- Define and document new patterns required by Laserfiche Cloud, and focuses on providing a consistent and intuitive experience across the suite features and products
What We're Looking For:
- 8 years of experience with end-to-end product design
- 3 years of experience supporting design teams
- BA/BS or training in Design or related Human-computer Interaction fields
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing project and priorities simultaneously
- Experience working with engineers and understanding technical concepts and their impact on product design
- Experience with releasing products and features for SaaS solutions following CI/CD
- A deep understanding of the fundamentals of human-centered design
- Confident with data including the analytical and quantitative skills necessary to use data and product metrics to drive decision making
What We Offer:
- Paid volunteer days to give back to the community
- 15 days of paid time off (to start) + 3 additional 'me' days
- 9 days of paid public holidays
- End of year closure (4 days per year)
- Generous 401 (k) employer match contribution
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Mentorship program participation to inspire the rising leaders of Laserfiche
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG) and opportunities to contribute to our DEI initiatives
- Employee Referral Program to gain extra cash
Laserfiche is the leading SaaS provider of intelligent content management and business process automation. Customers in 5+ industries use Laserfiche cloud-first development approach to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
Laserfiche employees in offices around the world are committed to the company’s vision of empowering customers and inspiring people to reimagine how technology can transform lives.
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.