Engineering | Toronto, Ontario
Software Engineers at Laserfiche are the heart of our product teams building, refining and often inventing new solutions to our customer’s problems. Delivering on that promise of flexible, easy-to-use, enterprise-scale, secure content management and business process automation software comes with a plethora of exciting and technically complex challenges.
Laserfiche is the leading SaaS provider of intelligent content management and business process automation. Through powerful workflows, electronic forms, document management and analytics, the Laserfiche® platform accelerates how business gets done, enabling leaders to focus on growth across the enterprise.
Laserfiche pioneered the paperless office with enterprise content management. Today, Laserfiche’s cloud-first development approach incorporates innovations in machine learning and AI to enable organizations in more than 80 countries to transform into digital businesses. Customers in every industry—including government, education, financial services, healthcare and manufacturing—use Laserfiche to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
Laserfiche employees in offices around the world are committed to the company’s vision of empowering customers and inspiring people to reimagine how technology can transform lives.
In our Toronto office, there are many areas where you can contribute:
Process automation service
Process automation service teams help Laserfiche customers moving up the digital transformation pyramid. Software is developed to reduce repeatable human tasks, and streamline business processes that involve both internal and external participants. Multiple products are developed in this area, including no code form design, business process modeling, workflow design, reporting/dashboards and various toolboxes that are critical to digitize customers’ processes. What stands out is highly interactive, intuitive user interface design that leverages the most innovative web technologies, providing customers an easy-to-understand environment for their daily routines.
Integration service team focuses on connecting various systems with Laserfiche cloud, to eliminate data silos in modern enterprises. The solution bridges the schema gap between systems by allowing flexible data model mapping and creating reusable connections. Engineers in this team are enthusiasts of Enterprise Integration Pattern, ETL, data synchronization and transformation. Working in this team exposes developers to the whole world of CRM (customer relationship management), ERP (enterprise resource planning), SIS (student information system) etc.
DevOps Engineers architect, develop and maintain the highly resilient Laserfiche cloud infrastructure, so product teams can build applications on top of it. Team members have thorough understanding of various Amazon AWS services along with Laserfiche services. They design and maintain the service deployment pipeline to streamline application development, test and deployment procedures. They research then develop monitoring and logging systems to safeguard all cloud applications, providing important information for application teams to debug and troubleshoot incidents.
Account control service
Account control service team focuses on building flexible, robust and scalable identity management system for Laserfiche cloud. The team manages cloud customer life cycle, billing, authentication, authorization and integrates with other identity providers to enable SSO (single sign-on) experience. Folks in this team are familiar with various authentication methodologies, security patterns, encryption algorithms/practices. They provide a gatekeeping service to all Laserfiche cloud applications.
- Design, implement, deploy and maintain high-performance, multi-tier, scalable features on Laserfiche cloud using iterative processes, Agile development methodologies and test-driven development
- Build efficient and practical usage tracking, performance monitoring and logging systems while keeping customer privacy in mind
- Conduct research on new technologies, platform advancements, frameworks and standards in support of continuous improvement development philosophies
- Document and demonstrate new and improved features within the team and throughout Laserfiche
- Perform threat modeling analysis to mitigate security vulnerabilities for cloud native application.
- Troubleshoot application defects and performance issue on cloud environment including dev, cloud and production
What You'll Need:
- 2-5 years of industry experience as a software engineer or devOps in a SaaS company
- Well-versed in the fundamentals of software development (object-oriented programming, algorithms, data structures)
- Knowledge of cloud architecture across Amazon Web Services (strong preference), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Understanding of systems integration, i.e. RESTful web services, GraphQL, and best practices around synchronizing data between various cloud systems
- Understand the principles of single sign-on, SAML 2.0 and identify management.
- Understanding of container technologies, e.g. Docker
- Experience with SQL and nonSQL database
- Agile mindset, ready to move between multiple projects and adapt to changing requirements
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree is required (Computer Science or Engineering is preferable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche