Engineering | Long Beach, California
The Build and Release Engineer will help over a dozen teams ensure that their software is packaged and delivered properly for both in-cloud and on-premises releases. You will liaise with many scrum teams, the Release Manager, localization services, marketing, and sales to help ensure a coordinated release. You will improve existing practices and help adapt, transform and modernize our release pipelines, including both formal external releases and internal continuous integration processes.
The Build and Release Engineer is expected to work across teams and across technologies, identifying and improving build, orchestration and release infrastructure.
Laserfiche is the leading SaaS provider of intelligent content management and business process automation. Through powerful workflows, electronic forms, document management and analytics, the Laserfiche® platform accelerates how business gets done, enabling leaders to focus on growth across the enterprise.
Laserfiche pioneered the paperless office with enterprise content management. Today, Laserfiche’s cloud-first development approach incorporates innovations in machine learning and AI to enable organizations in more than 80 countries to transform into digital businesses. Customers in every industry—including government, education, financial services, healthcare and manufacturing—use Laserfiche to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
Laserfiche employees in offices around the world are committed to the company’s vision of empowering customers and inspiring people to reimagine how technology can transform lives.
- Manage and coordinate release-related activities across engineering teams and component owners
- Understand, operate, and improve:
- Formal external release processes
- Internal build and
- Continuous integration pipelines
- Collaborate across teams and find win-win solutions to challenges in the build, continuous integration and release processes
- Oversee and maintain key release processes such as localization, code signing, and final packaging
- Partner with functional teams to ensure changes are coordinated
What You'll Need:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a software tester, developer, or build and release engineer
- In-depth knowledge of build, deploy, test, and release engineering processes and the various tools and applications commonly used
- Experience with Azure DevOps/Team Foundation Server (TFS), Git, Subversion, Windows Installer (WiX), AWS, Chef, Sensu, Kibana are all plusses
- Understanding of Build orchestration systems (Jenkins, Continua, Final Builder, Docker)
- Understanding of Cloud, Web and Windows application architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.