Engineering | Long Beach, California
The Engineering Manager role will work with engineers, software testers, operations, and technical support staff to increase the reliability and security of Laserfiche’s cloud-based software and services. The position is an Engineering Manager role, and thus will be responsible for managing one or more development teams that focus on developing tools and procedures to increase the reliability of Cloud, or to improve the security of Laserfiche products and services.
Laserfiche is the leading SaaS provider of intelligent content management and business process automation. Through powerful workflows, electronic forms, document management and analytics, the Laserfiche® platform accelerates how business gets done, enabling leaders to focus on growth across the enterprise.
Laserfiche pioneered the paperless office with enterprise content management. Today, Laserfiche’s cloud-first development approach incorporates innovations in machine learning and AI to enable organizations in more than 80 countries to transform into digital businesses. Customers in every industry—including government, education, financial services, healthcare and manufacturing—use Laserfiche to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
Laserfiche employees in offices around the world are committed to the company’s vision of empowering customers and inspiring people to reimagine how technology can transform lives.
- Work with engineers, software testers, operations, and technical support staff to increase the reliability and security of Laserfiche’s cloud-based software and services.
- Directly or indirectly manage multiple teams of software engineers and testers with experience levels ranging from junior to senior level. Provide coaching and career guidance to engineers with varying levels of experience, including managers.
- Define processes, metrics, and system architectures that will enable highly scalable, reliable, and secure enterprise software hosted in public clouds.
- Foster a DevOps culture across the organization: promote development practices that emphasize automation, data-driven planning, innovation, and rapid iteration.
- Collaborate with team and area managers to develop staffing plans to meet both immediate and longer-term resource needs, and coordinate with recruiters to build a team of engineers to help build the next generation of Laserfiche products.
- Partner with product managers to direct resources to projects with the highest business impact.
- 10+ years of professional experience as a software engineer working in teams that build and ship software for private or public organizations
- Ability to train, manage, coach, and mentor both junior- and senior-level engineers
- Ability to introduce and implement Agile and DevOps practices in a software-focused engineering organization
- A working knowledge of distributed system design, including one or more of: microservices architectures, web APIs, distributed identity and authentication protocols, and cloud computing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. The ability to present and disseminate complex information to multiple groups of stakeholders with a diverse set of technical backgrounds and areas of expertise
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.