Engineering | Long Beach, California
Engineering Managers across Laserfiche define the technical direction for our products, set the culture and empower their teams to implement the software and solutions which deliver value to our customers. You will work with Product Managers and your engineering staff to design and implement solutions to our customer's problems. You will participate in technical leadership and architectural decision making. You will serve as a mentor and manager for a wide range of engineers, define and oversee team structure and growth, and help to train and grow the engineering staff.
Engineering managers often manage several related teams of engineers and may manage other managers. It is expected to remain very technical often writing code and tests, and participate in pair or mob programming with the teams in your areas.
Laserfiche is the leading global provider of intelligent content management and business process automation. The Laserfiche® platform enables organizations in more than 80 countries to transform into digital businesses. Customers in every industry—including government, education, financial services and manufacturing—use Laserfiche® to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
- Support and manage a team of 4-6 software engineers and testers ranging from junior to senior-level
- Champion Agile development best practices (unit testing, TDD, automation, CI / CD, pair and mob programming)
- Foster a DevOps culture: ensuring that security, monitoring, operability, and easy deployment are part of the design
- Encourage continuous learning and improvement
- Partner with Product Managers to drive on technical solutions and implementation
- Escalate product opportunities observed by the team to Product Management
- Research new technologies
- Lead design reviews, maintain quality focus and resolve technical disputes
- Develop, track and report on team-health meaningful metrics related to outcomes
- Guide, mentor and coach managers and individual contributors into effective leaders and high performing teams
- Establish guidance and best practices for design, code and release processes
- Own and drive staffing plans to meet immediate and long-term resourcing needs for your team.
- Build and establish key business relationships with partners and customers.
What You'll Need:
- 7+ years of professional experience as a software engineer working on teams that build and ship public-facing software.
- Proven experience (3+ years) as an Engineering Manager/Director of Engineering
- Excellent understanding of Agile development and/or DevOps practices and culture; and the ability to champion and improve practices
- Experience growing teams to meet the needs of the business
- Working and present knowledge and experience in distributed computing, web-services, microservices architecture, API design, scalable system architecture and operating and supporting production services.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present and share information across a wide array of technical expertise and seniority within the organization.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
- Experience managing and guiding leaders and team members via influence rather than command and conquer techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in automating build/test/release processes.
- Deep knowledge of cloud architecture across Amazon Web Services (strong preference), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.