Engineering | Toronto, Ontario
The Laserfiche development team needs a talented senior technical writer! If you love to write and have a keen appreciation for technical details, this is the position for you.
As a senior technical writer, you'll work closely with coders, testers, and user experience experts to document a variety of software related topics. In addition, you'll participate in the software design and development process, providing feedback on features and ease-of-use. You'll even have the opportunity to teach a class or two at our annual Laserfiche Empower Conference! We're looking for an adaptable writer who learns quickly, communicates clearly and enjoys working with smart people and complex technology.
- Produce technical documentation for software applications and technologies
- Produce white papers, case studies, descriptions of best practices, knowledge base articles, and/or programming examples
- Produce printed documentation and online help systems for Web or Windows-based applications
- Provide feedback on our user interfaces regarding their consistency and ease-of-use
- Contribute and create content for training manuals and instructional videos
- Present courses at the annual conference
What You'll Need:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree (physics, math, engineering or similar fields is a plus)
- Passion for learning and documenting new technologies.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in business software technology, Web applications, HTML, or programming languages a plus
- Ability to read source code in languages such as C++, C#, VB a plus
- Candidates should provide a link to samples of technical writing.