Engineering | Long Beach, California
Are you a problem solver who searches relentlessly for the most elegant way to satisfy business needs? Does the idea of continuously improving existing systems make your heart beat in anticipation? Are you a team player who is comfortable working with stakeholders from across the company?
As a Laserfiche infrastructure engineer, you’ll be part of the team that improves the company’s core infrastructure. You will improve upon existing (mostly web-driven) system interfaces, and create new systems based on business needs.
- Support the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and administration of infrastructure technologies
- Work in collaboration with other departments to develop and analyze systems in support of their projects, then upgrade or enhance the infrastructure to meet these requirements
- Contribute to the proactive identification of automation opportunities in workflow, electronic information availability and new systems management tools
- Provide timely and consistent communication on overall systems status and operational issues
- Suggest new standards and policies to add value to infrastructure
- Manage communication and coordination during infrastructure outage situations. Guide engineers from different groups to work together to resolve outages and restore business functionality as quickly as possible
- Satisfy requests for new applications/functionality and resolve deficiencies in existing systems by performing technical research, presenting a corrective plan of attack, interfacing with vendors for additional analysis and executing a system recovery in the case of failure
The ideal candidate is a strong programmer who is not afraid to make changes! The position requires a developer who has strong problem-solving skills to plan and execute changes to enterprise-wide systems, along with excellent communication skills to coordinate such deployments.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Solid understanding of relational design and SQL
- Self-management skills including organization and time management
- Ability to prioritize rapidly shifting priorities and workloads
- Practical experience with process documentation tools and methods
- Prior experience with technology implementation and management methodologies
- Good verbal, written, interpersonal communication and customer service skills
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.