Engineering | Toronto, Ontario
Laserfiche is looking for a senior software test engineer whose mission is to assure consistent product quality. You will work with technical product managers to review software product roadmap; work with technical team leaders to flush out feature specification; work with QA engineers to develop automated testing infrastructure as well as conduct manual functional test.
You must be passionately curious, as well as passionate about technology, quality, customer satisfaction, process improvement, and people development while remaining up-to-date with modern technologies. This role requires a self-motivated professional with hands-on functional QA testing experience as well as proven management experience.
As the senior software test engineer, you are responsible to identify junior talent QAs during recruiting process, provide mentorship, and setup technical and non-technical goals for individuals.
- Identify and review test plans, test cases and testing results
- Define processes and engagement models that address unique needs of End-End testing and QA processes
- Set priorities for the team and assign resources
- Provide regular status against team’s test plans
- Contribute to process improvement while establishing best practices for testing
- Develop test strategies and create appropriate test harnesses
- Participate in operational excellence activities for the entire organization
- Define and present metrics that help illuminate our quality and quality goals
- Mentor team members and assist with their career growth and personal development
- Bridge the communication gap between our partner teams
- Flexibility to work with remote teams across different time zones (California and Shanghai)
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in CS or related field
- 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance, 1+ years in a QA manager/lead role
- Strong QA background with experience in identifying and implementing test plans and experience reviewing test plans, test cases and testing results
- Experience with performance testing, stress testing and scalability testing
- Strong people management skills with proved track record in hiring, developing and retaining high performing QA team consisting of QAE and SDTE’s
- Outstanding project management skills, preferably within agile development environment
- Experience with agile development methodologies and the software development lie cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building cross-functional relationships
- Customer and quality focused
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.