Cloud Infrastructure | Long Beach, California
As a Software Engineer on the Cloud Infrastructure team, you will work on a team that designs and builds the infrastructure that supports the Laserfiche Cloud service, as well as the tools to monitor, secure, update, and maintain the Service. The Cloud Infrastructure team collaborates closely with application teams to ensure applications are provided with the infrastructure services they need to offer reliable and high-performance application functionality to users.
A Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure brings a mixture of distributed systems, networking, software engineering, and systems administration technical expertise to bear to solve technical problems and to build systems that host Laserfiche applications running in public clouds. Excelling in this role requires a mix of software development skills broad knowledge of networking, databases, system administration, and modern application architectures.
Laserfiche is the leading global provider of intelligent content management and business process automation. The Laserfiche® platform enables organizations in more than 80 countries to transform into digital businesses. Customers in every industry—including government, education, financial services and manufacturing—use Laserfiche® to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
- Design, code, and test programs that provide infrastructure services, such as monitoring, data backup/restore, capacity planning, log analysis, and request routing
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, security reviews, operations playbook development, capacity planning, and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health, and design and implement health checking and performance monitoring systems
- Implement system scaling logic that dynamically provisions resources in response to load
- Design, implement and maintain centralized logging and event management systems
- Implement and maintain data loss protection and disaster recovery processes
- Research, design, and deploy systems to monitor for and respond to security-related events to safeguard customer data and application systems
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field involving hands-on software development
- An engineering approach to infrastructure and operations, solving business problems with software and automation
- Proficiency in multiple programming or scripting languages (e.g., C, C++, C#, Python, PowerShell, bash) and a willingness to learn new languages and technologies as needed
- A relentless focus on providing the best experience for users of Laserfiche Cloud
- Knowledge of a public cloud service, including familiarity with APIs for one of: Amazon Web Services (strong preference), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies or tools is desirable: Chef, Elasticsearch, Consul, Sensu, Docker, Kubernetes
- 5+ years’ experience in an SRE, DevOps, or similar role supporting an online application or web site is desirable
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.