Technical Support | Arlington, Virginia
Laserfiche is looking for Senior Software Support Engineers who love working on challenging, critical, high profile software support related issues across a variety of technologies and platforms. Engineers should understand end-to-end problem solving while maintaining a strong focus on customer service.
As part of our Technical Support team, you will work directly with our users and Solution Providers, responding to the reported issues they have when using Laserfiche software. You will participate in problem diagnosis (second or third level) as well as work towards the timely resolution of those issues. You will also help perform post-incident analysis in a culture of continuous improvement to prevent recurrence and improve future responses.
Senior Software Support Engineers work collaboratively with our Software Development teams when dictated by the needs of cases. In addition, you will mentor less experienced Support Engineers, teaching and advising them on various technologies, troubleshooting skills, and best practices.
If you’re up for the challenge, we want to talk to you!
- Diagnose and resolve issues that arise through the usage of Laserfiche software in customers' production, test, and development environments
- Troubleshoot issues involving, but not limited to the following:
- Identity management (SAML, SSO, Shibboleth, Azure AD)
- Network configuration and performance (Firewall/DMZ, SSL)
- SQL configuration and performance (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Web technologies (Microsoft IIS, HTML, CSS, JS)
- Collaborate with engineering teams to refine in-application diagnostics and explain recurring feedback
- Manage case-wellness by keeping key stakeholders up-to-date on the status of the case through effective communication
- Understand and make allowances for the customer impact of troubleshooting and mitigation steps in demanding enterprise 24/7/365 environments
- Provide mentorship and training to other support personnel
- Present troubleshooting techniques to resellers and customers at conferences and webinars
What You'll Need:
- 4-year degree in a STEM field
- 5+ years of experience in software/technical support
- Experience in systems troubleshooting, including database systems, TCP/IP-based networking, web applications, and Windows system administration
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environments
- Professional, effective communicator both in person and in writing while maintaining a collaborative attitude
- Motivated and customer- and quality-focused
- Available to work after hours, weekends and holidays in a rotating on-call capacity
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.