Development / Engineering | Long Beach, United States
As a Software Test Engineer at Laserfiche, you will help bake quality into our products from the very start, by ensuring that the user's perspective is considered as product features, user stories, and acceptance criteria are defined. As these items move on to the implementation phase, a Software Test Engineer continues championing quality by defining and executing manual test cases, validating implementations against business use cases, validating user flows and experiences, defining automated tests and evaluating the results of automated test execution, and documenting defects.
You are also involved with supporting the products they work on by collaborating with the Technical Support team, Presales, Marketing, and other departments.
What You'll Do:
- Develop review and audit test cases, test plans
- Explain and document priority and severity of bugs during triage meetings
- Go beyond simple requirements verification, thoroughly test the product holistically from the customer's point of view
- Anticipate possible ramifications that changes being made might have elsewhere in the system
- Identify high value tests for automation
- Lead and Advocate for Quality
- Advocate for a solid user experience as well as verify the expected functionality
- Lead efforts to triage defects, assist product managers to determine patching schedules
- Create and execute test strategy to optimize the software testing life cycle
- Mentor junior testers
- Build better products and teams
- Be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the Agile software development life cycle
- Clearly and promptly communicate any defects, issues, or concerns throughout the whole SDLC
- Contribute to the conversation that define best practices for the team
- Uphold team commitments and persist in the face of roadblocks
- Put people first by actively sharing knowledge
- Understanding of industry-standard software testing processes
- Proven ability to understand and categorize defects in terms of severity and priority
- Experience with defect and work item tracking systems (like Azure DevOps or JIRA)
- Demonstrated ability to identify root causes of defects by using development tools for web-based technologies (front-end UIs, back-end services, and REST APIs)
- History of mentorship and coaching
- 4-5 years of experience in a similar role
Nice to have:
- Experience with build and release pipelines
- Experience testing in a cloud/distributed architecture, web browser developer tools
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures in a SaaS environment
What We Offer:
- Remote work opportunities + hybrid work arrangement
- Temporary or permanent workplace relocation in states we have a business presence
- Paid volunteer days to give back to the community
- 15 days of paid time off (to start) + 4-day year-end closure + 3 additional 'me' days
- 9 days of paid public holidays
- Generous 401 (k) employer match contribution
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Mentorship program participation to inspire the rising leaders of Laserfiche
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG) and opportunities to contribute to our DEI initiatives
- Employee Referral Program
Laserfiche is the leading SaaS provider of intelligent content management and business process automation. Customers in 5+ industries use Laserfiche cloud-first development approach to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
Laserfiche employees in offices around the world are committed to the company’s vision of empowering customers and inspiring people to reimagine how technology can transform lives.
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.